Features & Benefits:
- Filters water as it leaves the tank and before it enters the pump
- 1" PVC male NPT Adapter screws into the inside of the 1" Bulkhead mounted on the sidewall of a water tank
Note: If you need to attach to a 2" Bulkhead Fitting, be sure to get this 1" to 2" Conversion Adapter when you checkout.
- Stainless steel, 60 mesh (250 micron) filter
- 10' NSF certified hose approved for drinking water
- 6" diameter, floating ball keeps the filter positioned directly below the surface
- Allows the above ground pump to source the water from the cleanest part of the water tank
- Stainless Steel Filter Dimensions: 3" diameter x 6.5" length
- Ideal for flow rates of 10 GPM (gallons per minute) or less
Ensure that your pump is sourcing and pressurizing water from the just below the surface of your water storage or rainwater harvesting tank rather than off of the bottom where settling will occur. This helps to prevent debris from entering your pump and potentially causing problems. In a rainwater harvesting system, it's always recommended that you filter rainwater prior to the storage tank and again prior to the water pump. This 60 mesh, 250 micron, stainless steel, floating suction filter includes a 1" MNPT Adapter that will screw into a female 1" NPT Bulkhead Fitting on the inside of the sidewall of your water storage tank. If your tank has a 2" Bulkhead Fitting, you may request a 1" to 2" Conversion Adapter from Rainwater Equipment LLC when you order. The 6" floating ball will rise to the surface, and the floating filter will then be positioned just below the surface of the water. The 10' long hose is NSF certified. It's recommended that you clean the filter periodically to optimize overall system performance.
UV systems are needed for sanitizing rainwater. The floating filter simply acts a pre-filter for your pump, sediment filter, carbon filter and UV system.