The Grundfos SBA is a complete all-in-one unit. It is built on the proven SB platform, but comes with an integrated control unit – eliminating the need for an external pump controller.
The SBA is literally a plug- and pump solution. Once installed and connected to the piping, all you need to do is switch on the pump.
Model SBA-3-45 MW includes Floating Filter. Model SBA-3-45 M does not.
Features and benefits:
- 1 HP
- Easy selection
- Flexible installation
- No controller inside the house
- All SBA pumps are available in two main variants
- With integrated suction strainer
- Or with side inlet/flexible suction hose with floating suction strainer
The SBA pump is a submersible booster pump for the pumping of clean water. It is especially suitable for rainwater applications.
Although not required, a small, 2 - 4 gallon pressure tank is recommended to prevent cycling when a leak is present in the piping, extending the life of the pump. It also prevents the pump from starting/stopping when very little water is used, if a tap is only opened for a couple of seconds, for example.
More features and benefits:
- Noiseless operation
- High reliability
- Integrated protection
- Floating suction strainer
- The model with floating suction strainer always draws the water from just below the water surface where the water is clean and free from solid particles
- All-in-one unit
- Easy installation
- No external control unit
- Integrated dry running protection
- Automatic restart after dry-running
- Lifting eye
- Outlet adapter included: Plastic adapter screws into the top outlet adapter & provides connections to 1" NPT, garden hose thread, and 1" hose barbs.