Note: Fixed Shipping does not apply to Alaska or Hawaii addresses.
Features & Benefits:
- Filters water as it leaves the tank and before it enters the pump
- 1 1/2" PVC male NPT
- Hose is made with NSF-51 materials
- Stainless steel, 60 mesh (250 micron) filter
- 8" diameter, floating ball keeps the filter positioned directly below the surface
- Allows the above ground pump to source the water from the cleanest part of the water tank
Ensure that your pump is sourcing and pressurizing water from the just below the surface of your water storage or rainwater harvesting tank rather than off of the bottom where settling will occur. This helps to prevent debris from entering your pump and potentially causing problems. In a rainwater harvesting system, it's always recommended that you filter rainwater prior to the storage tank and again prior to the water pump. 60 mesh, 250 micron, stainless steel, floating suction filter should be screwed into a female NPT Bulkhead Fitting on the inside of the sidewall of your water storage tank. Adapter may be necessary depending on tank bulkhead fitting size. The 8" floating ball will rise to the surface, and the floating filter will then be positioned just below the surface of the water. This floating suction filter will help your pump deliver the best quality water from your tank to your point of use. It's recommended that you clean the filter periodically to optimize overall system performance.
UV systems are needed for sanitizing rainwater. The floating filter simply acts a pre-filter for your pump, sediment filter, carbon filter and UV system.