- The Big Blue Housing will meet all of your large-capacity filtration needs, including high-flow and heavy-sediment applications.
- Big Clear Filter Housings offer on-site examination of flow, performance, and cartridge life and are ideal for a variety of applications.
- The polypropylene caps include a pressure-relief button on the inlet side to relieve pressure inside the housing when changing water filter cartridges.
- Whole House housings extend the life of washing machines, water heaters, and other household appliances.
- Ideal for homes, farms, private wells, restaurants, swimming pools, spas, and trickle irrigation.
- 1 1/2" inlet/outlet for high-flow and heavy-sediment capabilities with minimal pressure drop.
- 1 1/2" inlet/outlet for easy installation on a cold water line
- Maximum Temperature: 100°F (37.8°C)
- Maximum Pressure: 90 psi (6.2 bar)
- Housing: Lexan
- Cap: Polypropylene (HFPP)
- O-Ring: Buna-N
- Button Assembly: 300-series Stainless Steel, EPDM, and Polypropylene
#20 Big Blue Whole House Housing Tips:
Leaking is prevented by the dynamically sealing O-Ring. The O-Ring should be replaced periodically to prevent leaks. The water filter cartridge is not included with the housing. This allows you to purchase the best water filter for your water supply.
For many applications, it makes sense to install two whole house housings. The first housing is for sediment reduction. The second housing is for the carbon filter to improve taste and odor and reduce additional contaminants. By installing the sediment filter first, the carbon filter will last longer because it does not get clogged with sediment. Since carbon filters are more expensive, it is better to have the sediment filter first that needs to be replaced more often. If you install two whole house housings, there is a double mounting bracket available for installation of two housings.
If you have a lot of sediment in your water, you may want to consider three housings. The first two housings are for sediment reduction. The first housing contains a higher micron sediment filter and the second housing contains a lower micron sediment filter. The third housing is for the carbon taste and odor water filter.
Note: Water filter cartridge is not included with the housing.
The water filter cartridge life depends on the water filter cartridge purchased, the quality of your water, and the amount of water used. You will know when to change the filter cartridge when your water pressure drops.
Sediment water filters reduce dirt, sand, silt, sediment, rust particles, and scale particles. Drinking water filters produce healthier, better-tasting drinking water by reducing chlorine taste and odor and other contaminants.
Recommended Parts & Accessories:
Replacement WOR-FF O-Rings. One o-ring is included with the housing purchase, but you should replace the o-ring periodically to prevent leaks. Use silicone grease to lubricate the o-rings to prevent leaking. Use the WW-FF housing wrench to remove the sump. The wrench should NOT be used to tighten the sump back onto the cap. Tightening may cause damage to the o-ring.
Use a single stainless steel mounting bracket to mount the whole house housing. There is also a double mounting bracket or triple mounting bracket if you purchase multiple housings. Another option is the the housing stand to set the whole house housing in.
Matching Filter Cartridges: